One person hurt in Albany kitchen fire - KPTV - FOX 12

One person hurt in Albany kitchen fire

Posted: Updated:

One person is recovering from a minor injury after a kitchen fire in Albany.

The fire broke out just after 6 p.m. Monday at a home on 12th Avenue SW.

Firefighters say the person living there left a pan unattended on a burning stove, which caused the fire. When the smoke detector went off, the person moved the burning pan to the sink and called 911.

Firefighters arrived within three minutes, and quickly extinguished the fire. Authorities say the fire caused about $2,000 in damages to the structure, and another $1,000 in damages to contents inside the home.

This is the second kitchen fire involving an unattended cooking pan in the Albany area within the last two weeks. The Albany Fire Department says both fires are a good reminder to be attentive when using kitchen appliances, and to maintain working smoke detectors in your home.

Powered by Frankly
FOX 12
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2018, KPTV-KPDX Broadcasting Corporation, Portland, OR . All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.