Investigators found human remains in Rocky Butte Park on Friday after receiving information from the 16-year-old boy accused of killing Yashanee Vaughn, 14.
Here's a look back at the major developments in the case.
- March 19 – Vaughn is last seen eating at a Taco Bell restaurant on Northeast 82nd Avenue.
- March 21 – Vaughn's mother reports her as missing. Police classify her as a runaway.
- March 23 – Yashanee's mother calls police again and officers bring in a missing persons detective and distribute flyers.
- March 24 – Family members protest outside the Portland Police Bureau's North Precinct, demanding authorities do more to find the missing teen.
- March 27 – Police get a lead that Vaughn may have been the victim of foul play. Officers start to prepare search warrants.
- March 28 – Police announce they believe Yashanee is "at risk." They say they served several warrants and collected evidence at two possible crime scenes.
- March 31 – Parrish Bennette, 16, is charged with her murder.
- June 1 – Investigators launch the first widespread search on Rocky Butte Park but found nothing.
- June 24 - FOX 12 obtains court documents that allege Bennette told his father that his gun "went off" and Vaughn was hit. Read the court documents.
- This week – Prosecutors receive new leads during a settlement conference with Bennette's attorneys.
- July 15 – Human remains are discovered during a search for Vaughn at Rocky Butte, but no official identification is announced.