- 6 cage free eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon Organic vanilla extract
- 1 large loaf challah bread
- Salted butter
- 8 ounces Organic cream cheese
- 4 Tablespoons Organic Strawberry jam (can substitute with any fruit jam)
- Pure maple syrup
- Sifted confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, & vanilla. Slice the challah bread into 1 ½ to 2 inch thick slices.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the organic cream cheese and organic strawberry jam until completely combined
- Make a slit in the center of each slice; stuff with the cream cheese strawberry filling (2 spoons full)
- Soak slices in the egg mixture for 1 minute, turn once.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of butter on a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add the soaked bread and cook for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, until golden brown.
- Top with blueberries & dust with confectioners' sugar.
- Serve hot with maple syrup.
Copyright 2012 KPTV. All rights reserved.