A man who set up a temporary gasoline filling station next to his fireplace started his house on fire, according to Portland firefighters.
The man was filling power equipment with gasoline when the fire started at a home on Northeast Halsey Monday afternoon. He tried to carry the burning material outside but inadvertently spread the fire throughout the house.
The first firefighters arrived on scene within two minutes. Crews had the fire under control within 20 minutes.
According to firefighters, the man was not hurt.
Copyright 2012 KPTV (Meredith Corporation.) All rights reserved.