An electrical problem is to blame for a fire that tore through a Salem apartment complex Tuesday, according to the Salem Fire Department.
A power strip plugged into an extension cord started the three-alarm fire that forced several renters to jump out of their windows to safety.
Fire investigators estimate the fire damaged 24 apartments at the complex near Evergreen Avenue Northeast and Market Street Northeast. Three of those apartments are a complete loss, they said.
Copyright 2012 KPTV (Meredith Corporation.) All rights reserved.