A mother and her three children were rescued as their Sublimity home engulfed in flames.
The family was asleep at 15476 Coon Hollow Rd. SE early Tuesday morning when a passerby noticed the roof was on fire. Fire crews later arrived to find heavy smoke pouring from the home's vents and chimney.
An officer ran inside the burning building to find the family still asleep. Their smoke detectors, while working, were not sounding off because the fire and smoke was above the ceiling. The mother, her three children and the family dog were awakened and promptly evacuated. Only the dog suffered injuries, and they were non-life-threatening.
Fire crews managed to save all the contents of the home, despite $75,000 worth of heavy damage.
Copyright 2012 KPTV (Meredith Corporation.) All rights reserved.
Thursday, August 21 2014 2:55 PM EDT2014-08-21 18:55:51 GMT
Deputies have identified the man found shot and killed in a Clackamas County field earlier this month. The body of Misael "Gallo" Delgado Nunez, 45, of Aloha, was discovered on Aug. 11 off Highway 551More >
The body of a 45-year-old Aloha man was discovered off Highway 551 between Wilsonville and Aurora on Aug. 11. No suspects have been identified.More >