Man burned when fire ball bursts from backyard grill - KPTV - FOX 12

Man burned when fire ball bursts from backyard grill

Posted: Updated:
MILWAUKIE, OR (KPTV) -

A Milwaukie man is recovering from minor burns after his propane barbecue exploded.

It happened at about 9 p.m. Friday in an apartment complex in the 5900 block of Southeast King Road. Clackamas County Fire responders rushed to the location after several startled residents called 911.

According to a fire spokesperson, firefighters arrived on the scene to find light smoke coming from the back of a unit. The fire was put out within about 15 minutes. However, the apartment was deemed unfit to live in because the fire caused a power outage in the unit.

The fire had spread along the back deck and caused minor smoke damage to the inside of the unit. Damages are estimated to be less than $5,000.

The man who received the burns refused transport to a local hospital.

Copyright 2012 KPTV (Meredith Corporation.) All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow
FOX 12
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2014, KPTV-KPDX Broadcasting Corporation, Portland, OR and WorldNow. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.