Unattended candle likely started Jefferson house fire - KPTV - FOX 12

Unattended candle likely started Jefferson house fire

Posted: Updated:
JEFFERSON, OR (KPTV) -

An unattended candle may have started a fire that destroyed a home in Jefferson early Saturday morning.

Jefferson Fire District was called to the house on Steiwer Road Southeast just after 2 a.m.

Marion, Stayton, Turner fire crews and Engine 9 from Salem were all dispatched to help with the fire.

It took around two hours to get the fire under control.

One of the homeowners awoke to a sound and then realized it was the fire.

Her husband tried to put out the fire but after realizing it was too big they got out of the house.

All 3 people in the house at the time got out safely, though dog and cat did not.

The damage is estimated at $170,000 and the house is a complete loss.

Copyright KPTV 2012 (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow
FOX 12
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2014, KPTV-KPDX Broadcasting Corporation, Portland, OR and WorldNow. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.