Man injured in morning mobile home fire in Boring - KPTV - FOX 12

Mobile home fire in boring blamed on unattended candle

Posted: Updated:
BORING, OR (KPTV) -

A mobile home fire in Boring started from an unattended candle.

Investigators completed their investigation into the Dec. 31 fire on Thursday. Firefighters responded to the home in the 32000 block of Compton Road shortly after 5:30 a.m.

Crews quickly extinguished the flames.

The homeowner woke up to the sound of smoke alarms and made it out of the mobile home, firefighters said.

He was taken to the hospital for cuts to his hands and feet.

The fire caused $10,000 in damage and a dog and cat are still missing after they ran out of the burning home.

Copyright 2013 KPTV (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow
FOX 12
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2014, KPTV-KPDX Broadcasting Corporation, Portland, OR and WorldNow. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.