Firefighters determine cause in Milwaukie house fire - KPTV - FOX 12

Firefighters determine cause in Milwaukie house fire

Posted: Updated:
MILWAUKIE, OR. (KPTV) -

Hot ashes caused a fire that destroyed a Milwaukie home, according to firefighters. The fire happened on Jan. 7 at a home near SE Linden and SE Laurel in Milwaukie.

The fire started outside the home, where the family had dumped hot ashes near a stack of dry materials, investigators said. Flames quickly spread to the house, causing $100,000 in damage.

No one was hurt in the fire, but one of the family's dogs did die, firefighters said.

This case serves as a reminder to dispose of ashes properly, and never put them in a plastic bucket or paper bag, they said.

Copyright 2013 KPTV (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow
FOX 12
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2014, KPTV-KPDX Broadcasting Corporation, Portland, OR and WorldNow. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.