Firefighters put out blaze caused by laptop - KPTV - FOX 12

Firefighters put out blaze caused by laptop

Posted: Updated:
CORVALLIS, OR (KPTV) -

Three people were forced to leave their apartment after a small laptop fire ignited in the bedroom Wednesday morning.

The Corvallis Fire Department says they received a call about smoke coming from a ground floor apartment in the 1800 block of SW 49th Street shortly after 10:30 a.m.

When crews arrived, they say one person was in the apartment when the smoke alarm started going off.

After searching the apartment, fire crews say they found a laptop smoldering on a bed in one of the bedrooms.

The firefighters quickly extinguished the fire before any significant damage occurred.

The American Red Cross has responded to the scene and will be assisting the residents with short-term temporary housing as the damage is fixed.

Copyright 2013 KPTV-KPDX Broadcasting Corporation. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow
FOX 12
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2014, KPTV-KPDX Broadcasting Corporation, Portland, OR and WorldNow. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.