Police: Man takes bat to car during road rage incident - KPTV - FOX 12

Police: Man takes bat to car during road rage incident

Posted: Updated:

It's a case of road rage, where the suspect was so angry that he used a bat to threaten the victim.

The Washington County Sheriff's Office said it happened around 5:40 p.m. Thursday near the intersection of Southwest Scholls Ferry Road and Beaverton Hillsdale Highway.

Ryan Thomas, 22, of Tigard was arrested for the crimes and arraigned on Friday afternoon.

It was during the evening rush hour that deputies said Thomas got a bad case of road rage.

"He was like, four cars ahead of us or so, and was kind of driving erratic," said Mark Stavens, who was driving in the area when the incident occurred.

Two movers with Consignment Northwest were driving back to their store in Beaverton when they watched Thomas get out of control.

"I'd say he was probably irritated with traffic and probably in a hurry to get someplace and he was just taking short cuts any way he could," said Michael Weber, who watched as Thomas became irritated.

Deputies said Thomas was driving southbound on Scholls Ferry when he passed a Chevrolet Impala on the left.

They said the car then passed him again and got into the left turn lane. That's when they said Thomas intentionally rammed the Impala.

The vehicle sustained some damage from the collision, but deputies said Thomas wasn't done yet.

That's when they said he got out and started yelling and swearing at the driver of the car.

"He runs back to this vehicle, grabs the baseball bat out takes a swing, hits the car and then jumps back into his and drives off," added Weber.

Deputies said the car had a dent several inches deep from where Thomas allegedly used the bat to hit the car.

"It's pretty crazy, that's like real road rage right there," added Stavens.

"It's getting beyond just road rage, someone is really irritated," added Weber.

Witnesses were able to get Thomas' license plate which helped deputies track him down.

They were able to arrest him at his home in Tigard.

On Friday, he was in court making his first appearance on a long list of charges related to this road rage incident.

No one was hurt during the incident and now Thomas remains behind bars, awaiting his next court date which is set for Wednesday, March 6.

Copyright 2013 KPTV-KPDX Broadcasting Corporation. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow
FOX 12
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2014, KPTV-KPDX Broadcasting Corporation, Portland, OR and WorldNow. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.