Smoke pours from NE Portland home after attic fire - KPTV - FOX 12

Items left by space heater caused NE Portland house fire

Posted: Updated:
PORTLAND, OR (KPTV) -

Items left too close to a space heater started a fire in northeast Portland that caused $40,000 in damage.

Firefighters rushed to the scene at 6920 NE Roselawn St. at 8:45 a.m. Friday. Smoke was pouring from the second floor of the home and the fire was determined to be in the attic space.

Crews opened the ceiling and walls to put the fire out. It was under control shortly after 9 a.m.

Investigators determined that combustible material near a space heater started the fire. Damage to the building was estimated to be $30,000, while another $10,000 in items were destroyed.

Copyright 2013 KPTV-KPDX Broadcasting Corporation. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow
FOX 12
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2014, KPTV-KPDX Broadcasting Corporation, Portland, OR and WorldNow. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.