Jose Canseco cleared in rape investigation - KPTV - FOX 12

Jose Canseco cleared in rape investigation

Posted: Updated:
Jose Canseco talks on a cell phone at an airport in Dallas on May 22, 2013. Jose Canseco talks on a cell phone at an airport in Dallas on May 22, 2013.
LAS VEGAS (FOX5) -

Former Major League Baseball player Jose Canseco was cleared Friday after an investigation into allegations of rape was launched last month, according to police.

Las Vegas Metro police said May 22 that Canseco was under investigation after someone accused the slugger of rape. The announcement came after a series of tweets the same day from a Twitter account belonging to Canseco, outing a woman for accusing him of rape.

"Breaking news this is a first folks las vegas police was just at my house i have been charged with a rape," one of the tweets said.

On Friday, Laura Meltzer, spokesperson for Metro police, told FOX5 that the case has been closed and that Canseco will not be charged.

Someone using Canseco's Twitter account said that the results of the polygraph test Canseco said he took during the investigation are up for sale.

"Polygraph results up for sale with the true detailed story of what happened that night," the tweet said.

Via Twitter, Canseco threatened legal action against the woman who he said accused of him of the wrongdoing, saying he simply wants an apology from her.

Canseco has more than 515,000 followers on Twitter.

Copyright 2013 KVVU (KVVU Broadcasting Corporation). All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow
FOX 12
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2014, KPTV-KPDX Broadcasting Corporation, Portland, OR and WorldNow. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.