2 young children hospitalized after south Toledo house fire - KPTV - FOX 12

2 young children hospitalized after south Toledo house fire

Posted: Updated:
TOLEDO, OH (Toledo News Now) -

Two children have been taken to an area hospital after a house fire in south Toledo.

Toledo Fire Lt. Matthew Hertzfeld says the fire broke out Wednesday morning in the back room of a home in the 500 block of Geneva Avenue in south Toledo. Neighbors say the people who live there tried to put out the fire themselves by using a garden hose.

Family members say a 10-month-old and a 4-year-old child were sleeping in the house at the time of the fire. The two children were taken to a nearby hospital with burns sustained in the fire.

"They were using my hose to try and put it out until the firemen got here," said ??? "It's scary. I don't want my house to catch on fire. I've lived here 30 years and I've never had anything like this happen before."    

Fire officials say they are still working to determine a cause and damage estimate.

Mobile users, click on the "Video" button in the app to watch this story. Download our app here.

Copyright 2013 Toledo News Now. All rights reserved.

  • 2 young children hospitalized after south Toledo house fireMore>>

  • CONNECT WITH US

    CONNECT WITH US

    LIKE us on Facebook - Follow us on Twitter -  Get Text & Email Alerts - Download our Apps - Send us photos & videoMore >
    LIKE us on Facebook - Follow us on Twitter -  Get Text & Email Alerts - Download our Apps - Send us photos & videoMore >
Powered by WorldNow
FOX 12
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2014, KPTV-KPDX Broadcasting Corporation, Portland, OR and WorldNow. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.