Residents evacuated due to gas leak in Springfield apartment - KPTV - FOX 12

Residents evacuated due to gas leak in Springfield apartment

Posted: Updated:
SPRINGFIELD, MA (WSHM) -

First responders were called out to a gas leak shortly after 5 p.m. on Saturday evening.

The Springfield Fire Department told CBS 3 that the apartment building on Lowell Street was evacuated for precautionary reasons.

In a matter of minutes, carbon monoxide levels returned to normal and the gas company was called in to fix the problem.

Copyright 2013 WSHM (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow
FOX 12
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2014, KPTV-KPDX Broadcasting Corporation, Portland, OR and WorldNow. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.