SE Portland garage fire injures two men, burns car - KPTV - FOX 12

SE Portland garage fire injures two men, burns car

Posted: Updated:
PORTLAND, OR (KPTV) -

A propane heater malfunction caused a garage fire in southeast Portland that injured two people and burned a car Friday morning.

Firefighters were called to the scene on Southeast 161st Court at around 8 a.m.

The fire spread from the garage to the home through the attic. When firefighters arrived, a car was also on fire in the driveway.

Firefighters said two people were hurt in the fire. One man suffered minor burns to his arms and head, but did not go to the hospital. A second man did go to the hospital for precautionary reasons.

Investigators estimated the damage at $85,000.

The cause of the fire was determined to be a malfunction with a propane heater in the garage.

Crews from Portland Fire & Rescue and the Gresham Fire Department responded to the scene.

Copyright 2013 KPTV-KPDX Broadcasting Corporation. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow
FOX 12
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2014, KPTV-KPDX Broadcasting Corporation, Portland, OR and WorldNow. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.