A three-year-old toddler who was found inside a hot car suffering from heat stroke Wednesday has died, doctors say.
Logan Cox was taken to Carolinas Medical Center after investigators in Lancaster County say the child left home without his mother's knowledge and was playing in a car with his dog when he became trapped inside.
The incident happened on Wednesday around 1:15 p.m. at a home on Walnut Road.
Deputies say the boy's mother found him in the car and called 911.
No charges have been filed.
Sunday night, WBTV spoke to Logan's mother, Amber Cox.
She said she had no more tears to cry and that she couldn't believe her little boy was gone.
Her son loved nothing more than playing with his toy cars and being with his grandfather, Amber said.
He always wanted to drive, she said. She believes that's why he climbed into the car on Wednesday.
She said she found Logan in the driver's seat.
Cox said the Department of Social Services had questioned the family at the hospital but that this was nothing more than a terrible accident.
Thursday, July 31 2014 11:57 AM EDT2014-07-31 15:57:19 GMT
As the town of Dundee and countless different law enforcement agencies continue in their search for Jennifer Huston, a local PI is weighing in on the case with his own theories.More >
As the town of Dundee and countless different law enforcement agencies continue in their search for Jennifer Huston, a local PI is weighing in on the case with his own theories about what happened to the mother.More >