17 hospitalized after exposure to lead acid fumes in Hillsboro - KPTV - FOX 12

17 hospitalized after exposure to lead acid fumes in Hillsboro

Posted: Updated:
HILLSBORO, OR (KPTV) -

Paramedics took 17 people to hospitals after they became exposed to lead acid fumes at Cascade System Technologies on Monday.

Employees who showed up to work complained of burning in their eyes and nausea at the company's building on Northwest Bennett Street.

Hillsboro firefighters said accidental battery overcharging emitted the lead acid fumes.

The building was evacuated and about 30 people were affected by the evacuation.

Officials said there were no serious injuries, though they did transport 17 people to hospitals as a precaution.

Copyright 2014 KPTV-KPDX Broadcasting Corporation. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly
FOX 12
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2017, KPTV-KPDX Broadcasting Corporation, Portland, OR . All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.