Improperly discarded cigarette causes Keizer house fire - KPTV - FOX 12

Improperly discarded cigarette causes Keizer house fire

Posted: Updated:
Courtesy: Keizer Fire District Courtesy: Keizer Fire District
KEIZER, OR (KPTV) -

Keizer Fire District responded to a house fire around 4:30 p.m. on Tuesday.

The fire was located on Cade Street NE.

When firefighters arrived to the house they found smoke and flames coming from the front of the house.

Keizer Fire District said the fire had done extensive damage to the upstairs of the home and the rest of the house suffered from smoke and water damage.

No injuries were reported.

Fire damage is estimated at $12,000.

Firefighters said the cause of the fire was due to a improperly discarded cigarette ignited the wooden porch in front of the home.

Copyright 2015 KPTV-KPDX Broadcasting Corporation.  All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly
FOX 12
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2017, KPTV-KPDX Broadcasting Corporation, Portland, OR . All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.