Candle left in shed starts SE Portland house fire - KPTV - FOX 12

Candle left in shed starts SE Portland house fire

Posted: Updated:
Photo: Portland Fire & Rescue Photo: Portland Fire & Rescue
Photo: Portland Fire & Rescue Photo: Portland Fire & Rescue
PORTLAND, OR (KPTV) -

A candle left burning in a shed started a fire that damaged a southeast Portland home.

Portland Fire & Rescue responded to the 2600 block of Southeast 133rd Avenue at 10:30 a.m. Monday.

They arrived to find a shed, part of a large tree and the back of a house on fire.

Firefighters stopped the fire from getting into the attic, but the house and shed were both damaged.

The fire was under control within 12 minutes.

The cause was determined to be an unattended candle in the shed, according to investigators.

Nobody was injured in connection to this fire.

Copyright 2015 KPTV-KPDX Broadcasting Corporation. All rights reserved. 

Powered by Frankly
FOX 12
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2018, KPTV-KPDX Broadcasting Corporation, Portland, OR . All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.