Local woman diagnosed with E.coli after eating at Chipotle, more - KPTV - FOX 12

Local woman diagnosed with E.coli after eating at Chipotle, more cases likely

Posted: Updated:

43 Chipotle restaurants in Oregon and Washington are closed tonight after an E.coli outbreak.

FOX 12 talked with a local woman who got sick after eating at a Chipotle restaurant.

Health Officials said so far, they've confirmed three cases of E. coli in Oregon, but they're expecting that number to increase, and all of the patients ate at Chipotle in the last two weeks.

Ashley Arellano is one of those people. Luckily, she is feeling much better and will be back at work tomorrow, but it's been a rough couple of weeks.

Ashley went to Chipotle at Clackamas Town Center on October 17, eating a burrito bowl with pork.

A couple days later, she said she got terrible pain in her kidneys, she was dizzy, achy, nauseated and couldn't keep any food down. She went to the ER and doctor's diagnosed her with E. coli.

Two other cases in Oregon have been confirmed and 19 in Washington.

Health officials said Chipotle is fully cooperating as they try to pinpoint the source of the bacteria.

Ashley said she never thought she'd be dealing with something like this.

"I went with what the doctor told me, but I'm grateful I wasn't hospitalized or in a coma or even dead. Because I'm not sure how bad it could've gotten."

Health investigators told FOX 12 they've sent several food samples off to the FDA for testing, but they think the E. coli likely came from a vegetable.

No word yet on when the restaurants could reopen.

Copyright 2015 KPTV-KPDX Broadcasting Corporation.  All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly
FOX 12
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2018, KPTV-KPDX Broadcasting Corporation, Portland, OR . All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.