Family in hospital recovering from carbon monoxide poisoning - KPTV - FOX 12

Family in hospital recovering from carbon monoxide poisoning

Posted: Updated:
ISSAQUAH, WA (AP) -

Authorities say a family of six is recovering in the hospital from carbon monoxide poisoning after a van was accidentally left running in their garage.

KING-TV reports fire officials were called to the Issaquah home on Saturday morning because someone was feeling ill. They discovered everyone in the family had similar symptoms. And then they noticed a chemical odor. A hazmat team found high levels of carbon monoxide in the home.

Deputy Chief Michael Boyle of Eastside Fire & Rescue says the team discovered a van that had been left running inside of the garage accidentally and the carbon monoxide came into the house.

The van had a push button ignition. A driver can take the keys, but forget to push the button to turn the car off.

Copyright 2015 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Powered by Frankly
FOX 12
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2017, KPTV-KPDX Broadcasting Corporation, Portland, OR . All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.