Wood stove in converted attic causes house fire in North Portlan - KPTV - FOX 12

Wood stove in converted attic causes house fire in North Portland

Posted: Updated:
PORTLAND, OR (KPTV) -

Portland Fire & Rescue responded to a house fire around 8:53 a.m. on Thursday.

When crews arrived to the home located in the 7600 block of N. Chatham Ave., they saw flames and black smoke coming from the roof. 

The fire was located in the attic. Crews opened the roof and ceiling to extinguish the fire.

Fire crews were able to get the fire under control around 9:19 a.m.

4 adults and 3 dogs were able to get out of the house safely.

PF&R said the cause of the fire was a wood stove in a converted attic space that was too close to combustibles.

The total damage is estimated at $55,000.

Copyright 2015 KPTV-KPDX Broadcasting Corporation.  All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly
FOX 12
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2018, KPTV-KPDX Broadcasting Corporation, Portland, OR . All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.