Students evacuate Portland high school after fires spark in bath - KPTV - FOX 12

Students evacuate Portland high school after fires spark in bathrooms

Posted: Updated:
PORTLAND, OR (KPTV) -

Students at Madison High School were forced to exit the building twice in the last two days after two fires were started in trashcans in the school’s bathrooms.

The second fire was started in the boy’s bathroom on Tuesday, according to Portland Public Schools.

The principal of Madison High School is working with the school’s resource officer to find those involved in the incidents.

School officials said they have a zero tolerance policy and the bathrooms inside the school will now be locked.

Students will have to sign out a key whenever they want to use the restroom.

Copyright 2015 KPTV-KPDX Broadcasting Corporation.  All rights reserved.
 

Powered by Frankly
FOX 12
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2017, KPTV-KPDX Broadcasting Corporation, Portland, OR . All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.