Kelso family of five displaced after grease fire damages home - KPTV - FOX 12

Kelso family of five displaced after grease fire damages home

Posted: Updated:
(Photo: Cowlitz 2 Fire & Rescue) (Photo: Cowlitz 2 Fire & Rescue)
KELSO, WA (KPTV) -

A kitchen grease fire has displaced a family of five in Kelso Monday night.

Cowlitz 2 Fire & Rescue and Longview Fire responded to the fire around 6:20 p.m. in the 300 block of Redpath St.

A man, his wife and their three children were able to safely evacuate the home. Also, two dogs were able to escape without injuries.

Firefighters were able to extinguish the fire within 21 minutes of arriving.

According to Cowlitz 2 Fire and Rescue, the male occupant was cooking with grease on the stove when the grease ignited. The pan was taken across the kitchen to the sick which splashed and ignited the wall and curtains.

The cause of the fire has been determined as accidental, and damage to the home and loss of contents is estimated at $60,000 by fire officials.

No injuries were reported.

Copyright 2016 KPTV-KPDX Broadcasting Corporation.  All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly
FOX 12
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2017, KPTV-KPDX Broadcasting Corporation, Portland, OR . All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.