Teen hospitalized after putting out kitchen fire - KPTV - FOX 12

Teen hospitalized after putting out kitchen fire

Posted: Updated:
PHOTO COURTESY OF LAKE OSWEGO FIRE PHOTO COURTESY OF LAKE OSWEGO FIRE
LAKE OSWEGO, OR (KPTV) -

A Lake Oswego home was heavily damaged after a kitchen fire Saturday afternoon.

Gert Zoutendijk with Lake Oswego Fire says the fire at 1325 Hemlock Street started after a woman left oil in  a pan cooking on the stove and went to town for some errands.

Her three teenage kids heard smoke detectors going off and discovered the kitchen counter tops were on fire and called 9-1-1.

Her 18 year old son ran back inside with a garden hose to put out the fire but was taken to hospital for smoke inhalation.

Copyright 2016 KPTV-KPDX Broadcasting Corporation. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly
FOX 12
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2017, KPTV-KPDX Broadcasting Corporation, Portland, OR . All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.