Deputies: Toddler hospitalized after ingesting LSD while camping - KPTV - FOX 12

Deputies: Toddler hospitalized after ingesting LSD while camping near Oregon Country Fair

Posted: Updated:
File image File image
EUGENE, OR (KPTV) -

A one and a half year old toddler ended up in a Portland hospital after Lane County Sheriff's Office says he ingested LSD while camping outside the Oregon Country Fair.

The fair happens every year in Veneta, just west of Eugene.

Investigators said the family was camping on the Fourth of July, four days before the fair began, when the parents found the boy with a piece of tinfoil, with what appeared to be dots on it, resembling LSD.

The parents rushed the little boy to Country Fair medics station, and then has was taken to a Springfield hospital. The boy was later transferred to Doernbecher Children's Hospital in Portland.

No word on the boy's current condition.

Investigators said they have not yet determined if there was actually any LSD on the tinfoil. They are still waiting for lab tests to come back.

The parents will not be facing any charges. Investigators said they believe the boy found the tinfoil at the campgrounds.

Copyright 2016 KPTV-KPDX Broadcasting Corporation.  All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly
FOX 12
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2017, KPTV-KPDX Broadcasting Corporation, Portland, OR . All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.