Man sleeping in parked car in Sisters dies from exhaust fumes - KPTV - FOX 12

Man sleeping in parked car in Sisters dies from exhaust fumes

Posted: Updated:
File image File image
SISTERS, OR (AP) -

The Deschutes County Sheriff's Office says a 39-year-old man who was a living in his car was found dead in the vehicle after he fell asleep with the engine running.

Investigators concluded Edward Carlton Fones died of carbon monoxide poisoning. The sheriff's office says the car, parked on a street in Sisters, was surrounded by snow, causing the exhaust fumes to fill the car from the underside.

His body was discovered Saturday after a co-worker called the sheriff's office asking for a welfare check for him.

Lt. Chad Davis told KTVZ that Fones had been running the car to provide warmth from the heater.

Fones, from the small Eastern Oregon town of Fossil, had been working at a Sisters business for several months. He was last seen on Thursday night.

Copyright 2016 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Powered by Frankly
FOX 12
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2017, KPTV-KPDX Broadcasting Corporation, Portland, OR . All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.