Hillsboro home's chimney catches fire - KPTV - FOX 12

Hillsboro home's chimney catches fire

Posted: Updated:
Courtesy: Hillsboro Fire Department Courtesy: Hillsboro Fire Department
HILLSBORO, OR (KPTV) -

Hillsboro fire crews responded to a chimney fire at a Hillsboro home Friday.

The Hillsboro Fire Department said they received a call from a homeowner who said he heard strange noises coming from his chimney.

Firefighters arrived at the house at 1600 Southeast Sussex Court to find flames shooting from the top of the chimney.

Crews were quickly able to extinguish the fire within minutes.

The Hillsboro Fire Department would like to remind homeowners to always burn dry wood and to keep their chimneys clean. 

Copyright 2016 KPTV-KPDX Broadcasting Corporation. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly
FOX 12
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2017, KPTV-KPDX Broadcasting Corporation, Portland, OR . All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.