Police say Beaverton garage explosion caused by hash oil lab - KPTV - FOX 12

Police say Beaverton garage explosion caused by hash oil lab

Posted: Updated:
(Photo: Tualatin Valley Fire & Rescue) (Photo: Tualatin Valley Fire & Rescue)
(Photo: Beaverton Police Department) (Photo: Beaverton Police Department)
BEAVERTON, OR (KPTV) -

A 26-year-old man was injured in a garage explosion in Beaverton that police say was caused by a hash oil lab. 

The incident occurred just after 8:30 p.m. Monday in the 14000 block of Bonnie Brae Street, according to Tualatin Valley Fire & Rescue. 

Firefighters say the explosion blasted the garage door across the street and knocked the side wall off the foundation. 

The homeowner told firefighters he was trying to reignite the pilot light in his water heater when it exploded. However, Beaverton police later confirmed the explosion was caused by a hash oil lab. 

TVF&R says the homeowner sustained second-degree burns to 25 percent of his body and was transported to Emanuel Hospital. 

Police are currently investigating the incident. 

Copyright 2017 KPTV-KPDX Broadcasting Corporation. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly
FOX 12
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2017, KPTV-KPDX Broadcasting Corporation, Portland, OR . All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.