Home damaged after marijuana grow inside catches fire - KPTV - FOX 12

Home damaged after marijuana grow inside catches fire

Posted: Updated:
(Photo: Sweet Home Fire District) (Photo: Sweet Home Fire District)
SWEET HOME, OR (KPTV) -

A home in Sweet Home was damaged after a marijuana grow inside caught fire. 

The fire occurred at about 6 p.m. Saturday at the home on Highway 228, according to the Sweet Home Fire District. 

When firefighters arrived, the homeowner reported there was a fire in his upstairs marijuana grow room. With assistance from the Lebanon Fire District, crews were able to knock down the fire within an hour. 

Fire crews say several additions to the home made putting out the fire more difficult. They say the home sustained significant damage and most of the contents were damaged by smoke. 

Investigators say the fire was caused by improper use of extension cords, which ran the high power marijuana grow lamps. Firefighters say extension cords are not intended for permanent use and ask people to be cautious to not overload electrical circuits.

Copyright 2017 KPTV-KPDX Broadcasting Corporation. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly
FOX 12
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2017, KPTV-KPDX Broadcasting Corporation, Portland, OR . All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.