Crews respond to gas leak report at Nike campus; carbon monoxide - KPTV - FOX 12

Crews respond to gas leak report at Nike campus; carbon monoxide detected

Posted: Updated: Jun 23, 2017 10:27 AM
BEAVERTON, OR (KPTV) -

Tualatin Valley Fire & Rescue crews were called to the Nike World Headquarters in Beaverton Friday morning to investigate a possible gas leak.

Firefighters said the call came in around 6:30 a.m.

TVF&R said people reported smelling natural gas in the Bo Jackson Fitness Center.

People were evacuated from the center, but no haze or flames were seen and no injuries were reported.

Nike security crews said everyone exited the building before fire crews arrived at the scene. 

NW Natural gas responded to the reported smell and TVF&R found no readings of natural gas in the building. Crews only detected carbon monoxide.

Nike maintenance crews said the center's boiler had issues a couple weeks ago and believe it caused the smell Friday. 

The building will remain under review until personnel can fix the issue. 

Please stay with FOX 12 for more updates. 

Copyright 2017 KPTV-KPDX Broadcasting Corporation. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly
FOX 12
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2017, KPTV-KPDX Broadcasting Corporation, Portland, OR . All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.