Clothes dryer catches fire at Keizer apartment complex - KPTV - FOX 12

Clothes dryer catches fire at Keizer apartment complex

Posted: Updated:
Photo: Keizer Fire District Photo: Keizer Fire District
Photo: Keizer Fire District Photo: Keizer Fire District
KEIZER, OR (KPTV) -

A clothes dryer caught fire at a Keizer apartment complex, forcing a woman and her young child out of their home.

Firefighters responded to Triple Tree Circle at 12:53 p.m. Wednesday. They arrived to find smoke coming from the front door of an apartment.

Firefighters went inside, put out the fire and ventilated the smoke from the building.

The burnt up appliance was removed.

Investigators said neighbors smelled the smoke, alerted the woman and her child inside the apartment and one neighbor emptied a small fire extinguisher on the dryer, but smoke and flames continued to fill the unit.

Firefighters said the apartment had a working smoke alarm that went off.

Firefighters said the woman initially called the business line for the Keizer Fire District, but they want to remind people to call 911 directly in the event of a fire.

Crews brought baby supplies for the young mother and infant who lived in the unit.

This was the first fire for the new fire engines placed into service Monday for the Keizer Fire District. Firefighters said they were pleased with the performance and ease of operation with the new engines.

Copyright 2017 KPTV-KPDX Broadcasting Corporation. All rights reserved. 

Powered by Frankly
FOX 12
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2017, KPTV-KPDX Broadcasting Corporation, Portland, OR . All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.