Hoverboard causes house fire in SW Portland, no injuries reporte - KPTV - FOX 12

Hoverboard causes house fire in SW Portland, no injuries reported

Posted: Updated:
Photo: Portland Fire & Rescue Photo: Portland Fire & Rescue
PORTLAND, OR (KPTV) -

A southwest Portland family was able to escape uninjured during a house fire Tuesday.

Portland Fire & Rescue says they were called out to a home in the 6000 block of Southwest Idaho just before 4 p.m.

According to PF&R, the fire started upstairs in a room at the foot of the stairs. A boy was upstairs when the fire started and was able to safely escape by using a collapsible ladder.

A family member was able to extinguish the fire before firefighters arrived. Crews worked to remove smoke from the house once they arrived.

PF&R said the exact cause of the fire hasn't been determined but it involved a hoverboard.

No injuries were reported.

Copyright 2017 KPTV-KPDX Broadcasting Corporation.  All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly
FOX 12
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2017, KPTV-KPDX Broadcasting Corporation, Portland, OR . All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.