Woman treated for smoke inhalation after apartment fire in SE Po - KPTV - FOX 12

Woman treated for smoke inhalation after apartment fire in SE Portland

Posted: Updated:
File image File image
PORTLAND, OR (KPTV) -

One woman was treated for smoke inhalation after an apartment fire in southeast Portland.

Portland Fire & Rescue said they responded to the report of an apartment fire, located in the 1300 block of Southeast 26th Avenue, at 3:08 p.m. Saturday.

When crews arrived, they found one unit on the lower level of a two-story apartment building on fire. The fire was quickly extinguished.

PF&R said one woman was taken to a local hospital with non-life-threatening smoke inhalation related injuries.

The cause of the fire was determined to be a candle knocked over from a nightstand onto bedding during housekeeping activities, according to PF&R.

Copyright 2017 KPTV-KPDX Broadcasting Corporation.  All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly
FOX 12
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2018, KPTV-KPDX Broadcasting Corporation, Portland, OR . All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.