Bombings and crashes among Russia's past air disasters
(Orsk.ru via AP). In this video grab provided by the ORSK.RU web site, Relatives and friends of those on the Saratov Airlines airline plane An-148 flight that crashed near Moscow's airport Domodedovo react while gathering at an airport outside Orsk, Ru...
(Russian Ministry for Emergency Situations photo via AP). In this photo provided by the Russian Ministry for Emergency Situations RMES employees work at the scene of a AN-148 plane crash in Stepanovskoye village, about 40 kilometers (25 miles) from the...
(Orsk.ru via AP). In this video grab provided by the ORSK.RU web site, Relatives and friends of those on the Saratov Airlines airline plane An-148 flight that crashed near Moscow's airport Domodedovo comfort each other while gathering at an airport out...
(AP Photo/Marina Lystseva). In this photo taken on Saturday, May 6, 2017, The Russian Saratov Airlines airline plane An-148 with a tail number of RA-61704 is seen on an airstrip of Moscow's Domodedovo international airport outside Moscow, Russia, Satur...
(AP Photo/Nikolay Koreshkov). Police block the road to the scene of a AN-148 plane crash in Stepanovskoye village, about 40 kilometers (25 miles) from the Domodedovo airport, Russia, Sunday, Feb. 11, 2018. Russia's Emergencies Ministry says a passenger...
MOSCOW (AP) - A look at notable disasters that have befallen Russian airliners, either crashes or bombings:
- Feb. 11, 2018: An Antonov-148 regional jet operated by Saratov Airlines crashes shortly after takeoff from Moscow's Domodedovo Airport with 71 passengers and crew aboard. No survivors are reported.
- Dec. 25, 2016: A Tupolev-154 operated by the Russian Defense Ministry en route to Syria crashes into the Black Sea minutes after takeoff from Sochi. All 92 people on board are believed dead and the cause of the crash isn't immediately known.
- Oct. 31, 2015: An onboard bomb destroys a Metrojet airliner soon after its takeoff from Egypt's Sharm al-Sheikh resort. All 224 people on board die.
- Nov. 17, 2013: All 50 people aboard a Tatarstan Airlines Boeing 737 are killed when the crew sends the plane into a steep dive while trying to land in Kazan.
- May 10, 2012: A Sukhoi Superjet on a demonstration flight for potential buyers smashes into a volcano in Indonesia while carrying 45 people. There are no survivors.
- April 2, 2012: A UTAir ATR-72 crashes shortly after takeoff from Tyumen; 33 are killed, 10 survive. Poor de-icing of the plane is blamed.
- Sept. 7, 2011: A Yakovev-42 carrying the Yaroslavl Lokomotiv hockey team crashes soon after takeoff from Yaroslavl, killing all 44 aboard.
- June 20, 2011: Forty-seven people die when a Tu-134 crashes on a highway in heavy fog while trying to land in Petrozavodsk.
-Sept. 14, 2008: 88 people are killed when a Boeing 737 flying from Moscow crashes as it prepares to land in Perm.
-Aug. 22, 2006: A Tu-154 of Russia's Pulkovo Airlines crashes in Ukraine. All 170 people on board are killed.
-July 9, 2006: An A310 belonging to Russian company S7 skids off the runway after landing in Irkutsk and bursts into flames. All 125 aboard killed.
---April 24, 2004: 90 people are killed when female suicide bombers blow up two Russian airliners after takeoff from Domodedovo. Chechen rebels claim responsibility.
Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.