Tillamook hotel evacuated due to puking guests, passed out patro - KPTV - FOX 12

Tillamook hotel evacuated due to puking guests, passed out patron

Posted: Updated: Apr 06, 2018 12:55 AM
KPTV file image KPTV file image
TILLAMOOK, OR (KPTV) -

The Shilo Inn in Tillamook was evacuated Thursday afternoon after a guest passed out and others said they were puking, feeling nauseous and experiencing bouts of dizziness.

An Orkin pest-control worker spraying chemicals in a nearby room caused the patrons to get sick, a spokesperson with Tillamook County Management said. 

At least four people were treated on scene before being transferred to a local medical center. Their current condition isn't clear.

No other hotel employees or guests were affected

The pest-control worker was not affected by the chemicals and had a window open and a door cracked, Tillamook County Management said.

The hotel, in the 2500 block of North Main Avenue, had 23 rooms rented out at the time of the evacuation.

17 of the rooms were in the main building and six were in an annex, firefighters say. Responding firefighters said the chemical smell was coming from the main building.

Tillamook County Transportation District provided two busses for remaining hotel guests to provide shelter from the rain while emergency personnel responded.

The hotel was ventilated Thursday and been cleared for occupancy by a hazmat team.

Tillamook police and fire, the sheriff's office, Nestucca Rural Fire and Rescue, Netarts-Oceanside Fire and Bay City Fire also provided assistance Thursday.

Copyright 2018 KPTV-KPDX Broadcasting Corporation. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly
FOX 12
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2018, KPTV-KPDX Broadcasting Corporation, Portland, OR . All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.