Daytime cooling centers open Sunday for weekend heat wave
PORTLAND, Ore. (KPTV) - Daytime cooling centers will be open again Sunday across the metro area for the weekend heat wave.
Libraries with extended hours, open Sunday 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.:
- Midland, 805 S.E. 122nd Ave., Portland
- Gresham, 385 N.W. Miller Ave., Gresham
Cooling centers, open 2 p.m. to 10 p.m.:
- Old Town, 435 N.W. Glisan St.
- Sunrise Center, 18901 E. Burnside St.
Both sites are pet-friendly and will provide food, water, cooling items and places to rest. Anyone who needs a free ride can call 211.
The Lloyd Center will have extended hours until 10 p.m. to cool off.
Molalla Cooling Center, open 12 p.m. to 8 p.m.
209 Kennel Ave.
- Accepting small pets that must stay in a kennel while indoors and certified service dogs.
Public libraries will be open during regular hours.
Beaverton City Library main, 12375 S.W. Fifth St., extended hours Sunday - open 1 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Hillsboro libraries with extended hours, open Sunday 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.:
- Brookwood Library, 2850 N.E. Brookwood Parkway
- Shute Park Library, 775 SE.. 10th Ave.
Tigard library, extended hours Sunday 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Tualatin library, extended hours Sunday 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Copyright 2022 KPTV-KPDX. All rights reserved.