Save the Date: SW Portland's Multnomah Days Returns on August 17th, 2019
Follow us Facebook, @MultnomahDays, and Instagram @Multnomah_Days!
Warmer, longer days can only mean one thing: Multnomah Days, SW Portland's annual parade and festival! This is one of the largest street fairs in Oregon. Every year, the popular event draws nearly 10,000 guests with its spirited parade, tasty treats, and family-friendly activities. The revelries kick off at 8:00 am on Saturday, August 18 in Multnomah Village, between SW 31st and 39th along SW Capitol Highway.
This years theme is ‘Keep it Pretty in the Rose City!’
The parade will feature Grand Marshal Marianne Fitzgerald, who has led the fight for 26 years to rebuild Capitol Highway. She is a leader in our community, and we are very excited to have her be part of Multnomah Days! Fire trucks will kick the parade off at 10:00 am and will include marching bands, classic cars, dancers, entertainers, and musicians. There is no advanced registration for those wishing to join the procession; simply check in at Handy Andy’s (7991 SW Capitol Hwy) before 9:30 am and bring two copies of a brief promotional piece for the announcers to share with the crowd. All marchers are encouraged to donate funds or non-perishable food to local nonprofit Neighborhood House’s Emergency Food Box at check-in.
Post-parade, the festivities continue with live tunes, local vendors, and diverse eats to please all ages and tastes. Attractions include:
· Kid zone: Hosted by the Multnomah Arts Center, young Rose City residents can nurture their inner artists with a variety of fun craft projects.
· Live music: Rock out with the best local talent from noon until 10:00 pm. All shows will be performed on the main stage, located in the Multnomah Arts Center lower parking lot. Amazing acts such as School of Rock, and Laura Ivancie will be performing for your pleasure!
· Food court: From shave ice to sausage and cookies to coconuts, the food court will offer a plethora of Portland culinary delights. This will also be in the Multnomah Arts Center Parking Lot. Enjoy the food and listen to the live music!
· Wine garden: Also located in the Arts Center lower parking lot and hosted by local wine shop Sip D’Vine, the wine garden offers reds, whites, and rosés for the less hops-inclined.
· Annastasia Salon Cut-a-thon: Following the parade, get a snazzy new haircut from the local salon's talented team of stylists for a $25 donation (cuts typically cost $35-$65), with 100% of proceeds going to Neighborhood House's Food Box. Cuts will be available until 4:00 pm at 7741 SW Capitol Hwy.
· Lucky Lab: Come and wash your furry friend at Lucky Lab, with proceeds going to support Dove Lewis animal hospital.
Multnomah Days has been a community tradition for almost 100 years, and continues to thrive thanks to the generosity of its sponsors. Our title sponsor this year will be Portland Bureau of Transportaion. Other major sponsors include Jake Planton with Two Rivers mortgage, Annastasia Salon, Meals on Wheels People, Living Room Realty, PGE, Unitus, Umpqua, Advanced Massage Therapy, Travel Portland, Portland Reflexology, Riversgate Church and Thinker Toys.Special thanks to Allstate and Christine Lassiter for hosting the Multnomah Days Committee’s meetings for 2018.