(Meredith) – Country music star Luke Combs paid for the funerals of the three young men who died at a Michigan country music festival July 17 from carbon monoxide poisoning.
Combs’ publicist confirmed the musician paid for the funerals, but said Combs did not wish to provide any further comment.
According to the Lenawee County Sheriff’s Office, Dawson Brown, 20, Kole Sova, 19, and William Mays II, 20, died from carbon monoxide exposure inside a travel trailer they were staying in on the Faster Horses Festival campground at Michigan International Speedway. Two other 20-year-old men were found alive inside the trailer in critical condition.
Authorities said the carbon monoxide came from a nearby generator.
Luke Combs was one of the festival’s headliners, along with Thomas Rhett and Jason Aldean.