RV CIGARETTE FIRE

(KPTV file image)

SWEET HOME, OR  (KPTV) - A cigarette was determined to be the cause of a fire in Sweet Home on Friday.

Sweet Home Fire responded to a fire in an RV Friday evening around 6 p.m.

The RV was parked in a gravel lot near a local business and some homes, according to crews.

Neighbors informed crews that they were unsure if anyone was living in the RV.

Crews said the fire started on the bed of the front of the fifth wheel RV and was confined to that area, however there was extensive heat and smoke damage throughout the RV.

Crews had to break a window and force entry through the locked door to extinguish the fire.

A cigarette butt was found and was determined to be the cause of the fire.

Copyright 2019 KPTV-KPDX Broadcasting Corporation. All rights reserved.

Recommended for you

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.