WOODLAND, WA (KPTV) - Travelers who use southbound I-5 through Woodland can expect lengthy delays on the interstate in northern Clark County this weekend.
Starting Friday night, Aug. 27, and continuing through the morning of Monday, Aug. 30, significant congestion and delays are expected along a two-mile stretch of southbound I-5 between the East Fork Lewis River and North Fork Lewis River as Washington State Department of Transportation contractor, Granite Construction Company, continues pavement rehabilitation work along the highway.
During peak afternoon and evening travel times, traffic along this stretch of I-5 experiences heavy congestion, significant backups and delays. Travelers can help reduce congestion and avoid delays by shifting trips to another time or by using an alternate route.
What to expect during construction
- Single-lane closures will remain in place throughout the weekend.
- Nighttime double lane closures may occur:
- Friday, Aug. 27, from 9:30 p.m. to 8 a.m., Saturday, Aug. 28
- Saturday, Aug. 28, from 8:30 p.m. to 9 a.m., Sunday, Aug. 29
- Sunday, Aug. 29, from 9 p.m. to 5:30 a.m., Monday, Aug. 30
This $7.6 million dollar project is scheduled for completion this fall.