Firefighters say a homeowner accidentally started a field fire while attempting to burn a yellow jacket nest near West Linn.
Tualatin Valley Fire & Rescue crews rushed to extinguish the blaze along Southwest Shaeffer Road near the W Road intersection just before 12 p.m.
Firefighters on scene said the fire burned through nearly four acres. Initially, they were afraid that it would spread to nearby trees, but they were able to contain the flames quickly, TVF&R says.
The homeowner tried to get rid of the yellow jacket nest by igniting a mixture of gasoline and oil, firefighters say. Shortly after ignition, winds picked up and spread the flames.
No injuries were reported and no structures were damaged.
Copyright 2018 KPTV-KPDX Broadcasting Corporation. All rights reserved.