POLK COUNTY, OR (KPTV) – Fire crews say a pellet stove that was improperly installed caused a fire in Polk County on Sunday.

At about 4 p.m., firefighters with the Sheridan, SW Polk and West Valley Fire Districts responded to a potential chimney fire on Pioneer Road, outside of Dallas.

When crews arrived, they found a small fire under a pellet stove. They say the fire was caused by the pellet stove having been improperly installed. 

Crews quickly extinguished the fire and cleared the scene before 5 p.m. They say there was very little damage. 

Firefighters want to remind people to only use heating equipment and appliances that have been properly installed and maintained.

Copyright 2019 KPTV-KPDX Broadcasting Corporation. All rights reserved.

Locations

Recommended for you

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.