A man was likely electrocuted after climbing a utility pole and pulling on wires in southeast Portland, according to police.
Emergency crews responded to Southeast 122nd Avenue and Stark Street at 4:50 p.m. Wednesday.
Witnesses said a man climbed a utility pole and was seen throwing items from his pockets before pulling on wires and other items attached to the pole.
When officers arrived, they said the man appeared to be getting electrocuted. He was then showing no signs of life.
Crews from Portland General Electric and Portland Fire & Rescue were working on how to safely get the man down from the wires.
The intersection was closed to all traffic while crews shut down power.
PGE crews were able to shut down the power and retrieve the man's body. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
The Oregon State Medical Examiner will conduct an autopsy Thursday to determine the man's identity and official cause of death.
Copyright 2017 KPTV-KPDX Broadcasting Corporation. All rights reserved.