BEAVERTON, Ore. (KPTV) – Tualatin Valley Fire & Rescue said four people escaped safely after a fire at a duplex in Beaverton early Tuesday morning.

Tualatin Valley Fire & Rescue said four people escaped safely after a fire at a duplex in Beaverton early Tuesday morning.

TVF&R said just before 3:30 a.m. on Tuesday, multiple callers reported a residential fire in the 15000 block of Southwest Jaylee Street. When firefighters arrived, they found a large volume of fire and heavy smoke at the back of the duplex. It was moving from the first to second floor.

A second alarm was called, but the extra resources were cleared before arrival after the initial units gained control of the fire.

Both duplex units received substantial damage and have been deemed uninhabitable. A total of four adults and one dog have been displaced. The duplex had working carbon monoxide smoke alarms which warned residents to evacuate.

TVF&R has not released a cause of the fire. A fire investigator is on the scene.

Copyright 2021 KPTV-KPDX Broadcasting Corporation. All rights reserved. 

Locations

Recommended for you

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.