NE 112th House Fire

(KPTV image)

PORTLAND, OR (KPTV) - Firefighters battled a house fire in northeast Portland early Friday morning.

Portland Fire & Rescue crews responded to a home in the 1300 block of Northeast 112th Avenue at around 3:44 a.m.

When crews arrived to the scene, they found smoke and flames coming from the roof.

Battalion Chief Dan Buckner told FOX 12 that wind was an issue that fueled the fire, and it took firefighters about 20 minutes to extinguish the blaze.

Three people living in the home were woken up by a smoke alarm. They were able to make it out of the home safely, along with their four dogs and six cats.

No injuries were reported.

PF&R said the fire was caused by an electrical issue.

The home is said to be badly damaged. It is repairable, according to Buckner, but not livable.

Copyright 2019 KPTV-KPDX Broadcasting Corporation. All rights reserved.

Recommended for you

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.