Mariners vs. Astros Probable Starting Pitchers Today - September 27
The Houston Astros (86-72) and Seattle Mariners (85-72) play on Wednesday at 9:40 PM ET at T-Mobile Park, attempting to break a 1-1 series tie.
The Astros will give the ball to Framber Valdez (12-11, 3.39 ERA), who is eyeing win No. 13 on the season, and the Mariners will turn to Bryce Miller (8-6, 4.17 ERA).
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM. New depositors can use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Mariners vs. Astros Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Wednesday, September 27, 2023
- Time: 9:40 PM ET
- TV: ROOT Sports NW
- Location: Seattle, Washington
- Venue: T-Mobile Park
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Valdez - HOU (12-11, 3.39 ERA) vs Miller - SEA (8-6, 4.17 ERA)
Explore More About This Game
|Mariners Injury Report|
|Astros vs Mariners Betting Trends & Stats|
|Astros vs Mariners Player Props|
|Astros vs Mariners Prediction|
|How to Watch Astros vs Mariners|
|Astros vs Mariners Odds|
Mariners Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Bryce Miller
- The Mariners will send Miller (8-6) to make his 25th start of the season. He is 8-6 with a 4.17 ERA and 115 strikeouts over 127 1/3 innings pitched.
- The righty last appeared on Saturday against the Texas Rangers, when he tossed 4 1/3 innings, allowing six earned runs while giving up six hits.
- In 24 games this season, the 25-year-old has an ERA of 4.17, with 8.1 strikeouts per nine innings. Opponents are batting .244 against him.
- Miller is trying to record his 10th quality start of the season in this game.
- Miller is trying to record his 19th start of five or more innings this season in this game.
- He has had six appearances this season that he held his opponents to zero earned runs.
Bryce Miller vs. Astros
- He will take the mound against an Astros offense that ranks fourth in the league with 1406 total hits (on a .259 batting average). The team also slugs a collective .437 (sixth in the league) with 217 total home runs (seventh in MLB play).
- In 12 1/3 innings over two appearances against the Astros this season, Miller has a 0 ERA and a 0.486 WHIP while his opponents are batting .100.
Astros Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Framber Valdez
- Valdez (12-11) will take the mound for the Astros, his 31st start of the season.
- The left-hander last pitched on Saturday, when he gave up six earned runs and allowed four hits in 5 1/3 innings against the Kansas City Royals.
- The 29-year-old has an ERA of 3.39 and 9 strikeouts per nine innings, with a batting average against of .225 in 30 games this season.
- He has started 30 games this season, earning a quality start (6 or more IP, 3 or fewer ER) in 20 of them.
- Valdez will look to finish five or more innings for the 11th start in a row.
- He has made 30 appearances and finished six of them without allowing an earned run.
- Among qualified pitchers in the majors this season, the 29-year-old ranks 11th in ERA (3.39), 10th in WHIP (1.093), and 23rd in K/9 (9).
Framber Valdez vs. Mariners
- The Mariners have scored 742 runs this season, which ranks 13th in MLB. They have 1299 hits, 19th in baseball, with 204 home runs (12th in the league).
- This season, the left-hander has pitched against the Mariners in two games, and they have gone 15-for-46 with two doubles, a triple, a home run and eight RBI over 11 innings.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.