February 4, 2019
We got lucky this evening and avoided widespread snow during the commute. Instead it started around 8pm in the central/east side of the metro area. At this hour everyone is below freezing in Portland
Of course that means snow is sticking everywhere except for treated roads. I’ve also seen pics of pavement that is wet; likely slow to cool after a warm winter so far. Eventually an entire night of temps in the 20s will freeze these roads as well.
WEST HILLS AND CENTRAL/EAST METRO
- A Trace to 2″ this evening & tonight.
- The 2″ total is more likely out east of I-205 (Gresham, Happy Valley, Camas, Battle Ground)
- 2-4″ east of Washougal, Corbett, Sandy, Estacada
- Snowy roads likely for morning commute in hills and east of I-205, plus Clark County
WEST METRO & SOUTH METRO TO SALEM
- Less than 1/2″, None for many of you
- Just a few icy road spots
Snow showers should finally end by 4am or so. Tomorrow we’ll be partly cloudy with slowly melting roads during the morning